Sunday, March 6, 2016

Namaste - Ngaere

I have been playing around with colour today using an old book cover and some of the chipboard pieces from Imagine If.  Here is the finished project and below is the process.



I took an old book that I wanted to make into an Art Journal and covered it roughly with texture paste coloured with blue, yellow and red acrylic paint. I was not precise in applying the texture paste I just slapped it on randomly using a palette knife.




I added green coloured texture paste through a stencil to add more texture.


For more visual interest once the paste was dry I stamped randomly over the cover. Then because I find it hard to stop I added circles in dark blue and white and splattered watered down orange paint over the whole cover.



I then took the chipboard from Imagine If  and altered it using paint and paper.


Beginning with the tag which I first painted with white gesso I took a stencil from Imagine If and coloured the tag with two shades of blue paint.  I wanted to tie the tag into the cover but I also wanted it to stand out a bit from the background.




Again to tie it in I added some stamping and some orange paint splatters.


The female figure I covered in book paper and used spray, crackle paint and stamping to decorate her. The wings I painted with white gesso then I sprayed and stamped them.  The heart was painted with white gesso then red paint and I stamped into using bubble wrap.


I assembled the tag, the wings, the woman and the heart, then I glued them to the front of the cover. I wanted the petals of the flower cutout in the tag to frame her head and I wanted the star from the painted quote to sit just over her head, so I took all of this into consideration when I glued the pieces down.




I hope this has given you some ideas for different ways to use the amazing chipboard pieces and the stencil that Jo stocks at Imagine If. both on line and at her physical store in Morrinsville.  Jo also stocks the paints and mediums required for altered art, mixed media and art journaling.  Until next time Happy Crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment