Sunday, February 21, 2016

Victorian Fireplace By Cheryl



Hope you are having a great week  and squeezing some time in for all these new craft ideas. I got to play with this cool fireplace, it can be used in sooooo many different ways. I chose Victorian and Steampunk. I couldn't pick between, so I did both.(greedy, yes I know!)

I chose to use mine for wall hangings so I repurposed two wooden picture frames and used the back for these projects. Cover these with black gesso and they are ready for action.
Black gesso all parts of the fireplace & used glossy accents to put it all together.
1 12 x 12 sheet of scrapbooking paper was attached to the inside of the frame - for wallpaper.
An antique metal drawer pull(graphics 45) was used for the top of the fire place guard-black gesso-ed and gold high-lighted.
Gold Organza ribbon was attached to the top of the shelf, and a strip of lace finished it off.
A full sized metal drawer handle was used for the hearth guard. Painted to match the fireplace.



9 Candles were made(Air-dried clay) painted white and then glossy accents were dribbled down the sides to look like melted wax.
Candle Wicks (black bugle beads) and flame (gold metal sticker embellishments) finish the candles.
A scrap of Red Velvet material cut to size finished the carpet off.

Wall decorations-
Top Left-A metal embellishment has 2 decorative beads attached and a picture in a dome. Multi-coloured micro-beads finish it off.
Stag Head is gesso-ed white and painted with walnut stain and vintage photo distressed ink and detailed with a black Pitt pen(XS)
3x Bird Charms(from my stash)



The glass dome and base has a little metal man (from my stash) sitting on a rock with plastic diamonds around him.
The Vase and Glass Dome have little doilies underneath cut from crocheted lace.


The Flower arrangement is in a mini brass goblet with oasis inside painted with black gesso and decorated with gold metal stickers. Mini paper Roses and Rose-buds were used in the arrangement with plastic fern foliage and asstd Ginea fowl feathers(my favourites)
Plastic fan is gesso-ed white then dabbed with Dylusion sprays and a small paint brush.
Small china Cup and Saucer was hand-painted using a piece of florist wire and Vintaj Patina paints: Ochre, jade, rust and  black Pitt pen(XS)
Lastly I added anaglypta wallpaper(for texture)to the sides of the frame with gel medium, painted it with black gesso and dry brushed with gold paint.
Please if I've missed anything or you have any questions just let me know and I'm happy to explain how I did it.
Happy Crafting Everyone
Cheryl Owsley
P.s. There are a few items here that I have used and are available at the 'Imagine If..." store, but not on-line. This is because of the huge variety of small items that are physically impossible to list all individually. These are mini roses and rose buds, glass domes, metal embellishments(the one on the wall) and,metallic stickers.






2 comments:

  1. This is utterly sensational! I love it. Would you make me one????? :-) Congratulations on some beautiful work!

    Tricia Collins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow Cheryl. I love all if the details. This is stunning.

    ReplyDelete