Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Vintage Book Ends with Carol


Welcome to this weeks post, you are going to love this project.
This is a set of  mdf book ends  from Imagine If
















The tops are cut in a delicate vine pattern 


















Here's a close up of the cute draws .





















I used the old cracked paint method to help me get a
nice vintage / old look .







To get the old cracked paint look I painted the panels a
very dark brown, next I coated with crackle medium, then 
once this is totally dry I painted vintage cream over the top.








Here's a tip, when glueing your bottom together , use rubber bands
to keep the pressure on so they stay tightly squeezed together well  it dry's


This is looking from the bottom, as you can see its
very sturdy build, it has two reinforcing beams




 I am very pleased with the finished  look,
what I love most about MDF products is that
you can mix and match your designs to match
a room. This could be designed to look good
in a boy or girls room simply boy changing this to
camo or pretty bright pink and white. I'm looking
forward to seeing what others do with this kit.

Happy crafting
stay cool

And don't forget to keep checking out the
Imagine if site as Jo is adding a few new items
every month :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW Carol this is stunning love the colours and the papers you have used are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Carol, love them.

    ReplyDelete