Sunday, September 21, 2014

Back to nature this week

Hi all, today the girls have been busy making their projects with a nature theme.  I was a bit lucky that I had the mixed media class on and I was able to have a play while demonstrating all the different products on my canvas.  I didn't get a chance to finish it, but I felt that I really needed to have something up on the blog today

My project I did step out of my happy place, and I used orange....; now for me that is like one of my least favourite colours ever.  But I picked this calendar up at the $2.00 shop, and there was this beautiful fairy picture that I loved, well half the group did fairies so I guess it was a popular calendar.
Add caption


The picture was still wet when I took this photo and I do have a few additions to make but you can see where is is heading.  I have added NZ fern, the mushroom, the birdcage, and the large flourish, as well as some rectangles and some stars.  I used the circle stencil bottom right, and some stamping.  Imagine if flowers and metal embellishments, lots of sprays, pearlex powders, kindy glitz, gel medium, gesso, modelling paste and leaves.

So I still have some work to do, but I am liking where is is going and no black or purple in sight.  
But I will be having a play with a few more branches and some leaves, so lets see where it gets to next week.  

The rest of the girls have been having a play, so time to check out what they have been up to.
 
No link from Tash today as she is away.  So what do you think, amazing different design from the tea again.  Enjoy everyone.     
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this Jo. Can't wait to see the finished product altho it looks pretty good now.

    ReplyDelete