Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What happens when a card is not a card? - Marilyn

What happens when you start making a card and then it just turns into something else?
Well this project is that.  I started off with great intentions, but then as my project evolved it turned in this.
I used gesso on all the chipboard and then hand painted everything in the correct colours.  I punched heaps of leaves and added to Imagine If...'s new branches range, which I love.  I have used the Pukeko, the kiwi, the fantail and a little NZ gecko,  I added a couple of dragonfly's for interest, then I added bits and pieces to add more interest. Including fern fronds.  I have to say I am very proud of this project, I feel it looks amazing, and since my daughter is going to frame it, I think she must think so as well.   












so that is my card that is not a card, I hope you feel inspired to have a play.

Marilyn.  

2 comments:

  1. That is fabulous. Loved how you've used all the creatures and birds. Good to see them painted up and can now imagine using them myself in projects.

    ReplyDelete