Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sleeping Beauty & Boot card.

Hi everyone, we have two of the design team up today, Brenda and Marilyn, and we have a scrap page and card first up.

Brenda
I am so excited to be writing this, as it is my 1st official post on the Imagine If... / Fix Design design team.  For our big grand entrance owner Jo has cleverly created some awesome chipboard footwear for us all to show off for her.  As you will see by the upcoming posts and by visiting everyone's blogs, we have all created something entirely different to the next person . . . WOW!!

I have stayed somewhat within my comfort zone to start with and have created this layout using the 1st of my 2 boots.


I've started with a gorgeous Kaisercraft 'Precious Moments' paper, which I distressed, then inked & stamped randomly.  I've also attached strips of script paper.  The chipboard boot has been painted, then covered with lace fabric, then topped off with fluff & a seam binding bow.  I've also added some chipboard butterflies which I inked & finished with rhinestones.  The Imagine If.. quote sheets are great for any occasion, here I've found a quote to fit my picture perfectly.  The chipboard lettering has been inked, then finished with glossy accents.  The few flowers & pearls just continue the soft girly theme beautifully.

Jo is busy creating some more fantastic pieces for us all to create with, she will have us all thinking 'outside the square' with a lot of the upcoming projects.  Keep an eye out for our next creations. 

Until then, thank you for visiting and have a happy, scrappy day.
Brenda

Marilyn
Hi everyone Marilyn here 

I have never used chipboard and felt before in card making but I love the effect. I embossed the background paper, lightly inked to match the felt doily and centred a Nestabilities labels 21. The boots were painted with gesso, sprayed with Mr Huey’s white and then glittered and pearl beads applied to the heels. I finished it ff with beautiful miniature felt flowers  - I have sown a bead in the centre of each one to pull it all together.
 
The way this card sparkles especially at night is amazing.  
I hope you have enjoyed.  
Marilyn.
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment