Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cinderella Clock

First I will introduce myself, my name is Beth Barnes, I live in Sunny Marlborough with my husband.  I love to create - Off The Page, Scrapbooking, Mini Books, baking, cooking, knitting, sewing... And I also love shoes, so this was the perfect first challenge of the Design Team.

The new product is High Heel Shoes in chipbard.  These come with the base and then pieces to make up the shoe and add texture and height.

I got a pair of shoes for my project, which has added extra height and texture.
2014-03-31 17.55.29

My first step was to cover the sections of the shoes, for this I used glitter cardstock in pink, turquoise and silver; the heels were gloss black cardstock, and the background pieces are matt cardstock.
2014-03-31 17.55.58

Once the pieces were covered and cut out, I assembled the shoes according to the accompanying picture.
For the canvas, I painted with white paint and sprinkled Distress Glitter gently over the top, the wet paint stuck the glitter to the canvas.  To add some visual difference I used a stencil on the canvas with my new Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer and Spun Sugar marker (such a great new tool!).
I stuck the shoes onto the canvas, using foam mount for the front shoe.  Then I added some bling to finish off the shoes (I'd love to have these shoes to wear!).
2014-03-31 17.56.09

2014-03-31 17.55.38

I had the perfect quote to go with my pair of shoes: "Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life", this came off the new Imagine If Fashion Quotes sheet.  I ripped  the edges and then spread Distress Stickles along the edges, and then mounted with foam tape.
I still had a space on my canvas, just right for a clock, and more bling was just the right addition for the clock marks.
2014-03-31 17.55.52
So now I have a clock for my studio and a lovely piece of artwork.  Maybe I need a new pair of shoes now...

1 comment:

  1. It really is a lovely piece of artwork.- love the quote. Maybe that's what I need.

    ReplyDelete