Thursday, September 19, 2013

Scrapbooking - Spare parts shopping

Hi everyone from a chilly Waikato day.  Since the Americas cup racing got postponed this morning after a fantastic win, we are now on match point, and I had a free 45minutes as I wasn't glued to the television, so I thought I really had better blog this page. 

Today I have a crazy page that I did, using Twiddleybitz new steam punk range, sometimes in life you just have to have some fun.  So I decided to go spare parts shopping.

as you can see, cogs and clocks were just my thing.  I looked at all the pieces and decided that these guys looked like they might need spare parts one day.  So I made a little spare parts stall.  
it was fun to create something crazy and off beat. 



I used embossing powder to give the wings some colour, and then rubbed ink over the top.  I added Prima mini cogs to the wings.  




I enjoyed layering and adding random pieces to this page, including jewellery findings, paper clips and cogs and clocks.  I used some of Kaisercrafts collectables to add a few more pieces, and graphic 45 clocks.    
So a little strange but I love it. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment