Sunday, September 29, 2013

Jewellery - something a little different

Hi everyone, I have been busy playing with a few bits and pieces from Twiddleybitz.  I decided that I would try making some jewellery from chipboard, so the first piece using a Twiddleybitz frame, which was painted and papered.  Then I made these embossed butterfly wings, and then added the torso over the top.  A few flowers and the word imagine, and a tassel to complete it.   
 No2 piece, was a frame again embossed and inked.  A few metal embellishments, cogs and a pen nib.  A few dangles to finish to off.  both of these pieces have been sent to Australia to use at the craft shows, as ideas.

My last piece, was using spellbinders bezels, which I added a chipboard torso, and some mixed media pieces.  Why create art? why love, is what I asked in this piece.   

I hate to say I nearly ruined this piece.  I accidentally used white resin to cover it all, not clear like I intended, talk about panic stations.  But that is okay just waiting on crystal resin to arrive again, then I can finish it all.    
It has been fun having a play, the final piece will be going on a piece of art, so that will be interesting. 
So that is my jewellery making, first time in ages, but it was fun, even if I am not even get to actually wear any of the pieces.  So chipboard and jewellery love it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment