Monday, June 17, 2013

Scrapbooking with those left over pieces

Hi everyone Jo here, with a page for Twiddleybitz, using all those left over bits and pieces.  I am definitely a hoarder when it comes to chipboard scraps.  I never throw anything away, what might be packaging for some, is definitely must keeps for me.  I also collect buttons, I never throw out a button if I am throwing an old shirt or something away.  But just for the record, crafting supplies is all that I hoard, the rest of the house is totally tidy and nothing is kept just in case.    I love all the frames that hold the chipboard in place when you purchase it.  So for this layout, that's what I started with.

I used some left over plasterers tape from when we did a house renovation, I put that on the page.  Then on the left hand side I used a frame from a Twiddleybitz grab bag.  I also had a piece of chicken wire chipboard as seen on the bottom of the photo below, form a double page layout challenge, that I had to cut off because I just couldn't get anymore of on the page. You can see some flourishes and swirls in amongst the buttons.  

I also had some other pieces of chipboard cut offs that I added to the mix.  I glued it all down, and then layered buttons over the top and round it.  Sometimes you end up layering over the top of your chipboard, but it all adds to the height and the look. I also had a few embellishments like the plastic car button that I added to the layout.  


There are a couple of squares again from a grab bag just up from the clock and to the right, and more flourishes and bits and pieces,  I then sprayed it all to give it a good colour.  I started with the brown, dried it off and then added some blue to lift the page.

I added this lovely clock in, and the little green frog and the tape measure strip that I had left from another project.  I added some metal looking buttons and then decided a few flowers to add a bit of texture.


Finally I added the key and the words cherished and lovable. So this is my page dedicated to left overs.  
So don't throw all those little chipboard gems away, use them on your layouts.  If you make a leftover layout, tell us about it. Load it on to the Twiddleybitz ning, we would love to see it.  http://twiddleybitz.ning.com   
 


 
  

1 comment:

  1. I have just found your blog and am blown away by your work, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete