Thursday, March 7, 2013

Home Sweet Home card

Hi everyone, I am not really a card maker, I am not really sure why.  I just find them really hard to do, yet I like working with small things, just not cards.  Still here is my attempt for Twiddleybitz this month.

I started with a Twiddleybitz door, and inked it with distress stain.  The back brick paper is from Kaisercraft 75cents range.  I then used a sheet of acetate  which I coloured with alcohol inks.    I then added hinges to my door and frame, (tiny little ones) and then adhered to the card.  I then put the acetate behind the door, to make it look like a stained glass door.  I used this little metal basket from Jolee's Boutique and then added a Twiddleybitz vine to the door.  I added a few roses, and the cat.  I then made the little wreath from chipboard Autumn leaves.  I inked the door handle and lock gold.

When you open the door, you can see the brick wall better.  I added a few sticker hearts and I covered the edges of the acetate, with paper. 

I then made this cute little wreath for the front door from Autumn leaves.
I made a circle and then carefully arranged the leaves, and then adhered the top leaves over, and then when dry I took off the circle and glued in place.  (sounds easy, no I made a few mistakes, I picked it up wet, and it fell apart.  So I had to make it again)  



Here is the finished card. 



I hope you have enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment