Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Scrapbooking - Lifes Moments

Hi everyone, here is my new layout using Twiddleybitz chipboard.  This was quite a hard layout, as I wanted to show the process of the ride, that the kids were on, when they were in Surfers Paradise. 

Because I had a lot of photos, and they weren't that close, I decided that I needed the photos to be mounted, I also wanted to show the slide in action, so I decided on a double page spread.

 

Here is the first side of the layout, and I have used a spellbinders dies to cut these yellow scalloped circles out of card stock, which I inked with Peacock distress ink.  Then I added a photo to each one, which I also cut using a smaller spellbinders die, then I added a chipboard circle over the top, which I had painted in blue first, then added yellow stripes, to make a sort of buoy. 

 I used Tim Holtz printed tickets to add all the words to the page, then I added Twiddleybitz card flourishes (which I love).Underneath I decided I needed something to make the water, so it looked as though the photos were sliding down the page on a sea of water.  I used muslin cloth, and I sprayed with a few different glimmer mists, and then dried it, and then tore at the edges to fray it all.  Then I added the top flags, which I sprayed with glimmer mists as well.  I added a few flowers in amongst it all.  







I finally added Life's moments, which I sprayed and then inked a bit.  I love this mesh tape that is under the words, I wanted them to stand out on this dark background.



Now we put it all together, to get out double page spread.

 I added a few sprays on to the page, at the end, just to break down the large expanse of blue at the bottom left hand side.  I hope you have enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment