Thursday, December 6, 2012

Snowman Hat

Hi everyone Jo here.  December is here and the Christmas countdown is on. This project is for Artfull Crafts table settings week.  I have always thought that snow at Christmas time would be wonderful, well, for a few hours anyway.  Making a snowman looks so much fun, but as that isn't going to happen this year in New Zealand, I decided a snowman's hat would be the next best thing for my Christmas table (actually for another friend of mine's table).

I started with a coffee tin, (no I don't drink that much coffee, I got it from a large business in town).  I covered the tin with BoBunny paper, I liked the black and white look. I also covered the top of the tin.  I cut this window from a Cottage Cutz die that I have had for a while, however there are lots of neat window dies on the market now, including two new releases from Spellbinders.  I adhered the cut-out window on to thick acetate, I then scored and creased the window panes, so that the window had dimension.  I decorated with Peelcraft stickers. 

 I used Graphic 45 paper behind the window to show a scene through the window.  I then cut a large circle from black card and adhered to the bottom of the tin, to make the brim of the hat. I then added baubles, pinecones, tulle, graphic 45 tags, poinsetta flowers, berries, leaves, ribbon, and a few branches.

    
  I used the window and peelcraft on a card as well.  So these windows have lots of uses. 

I hope you enjoyed the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment