Monday, November 19, 2012

Gift for Christmas

Hi everyone. My Artfull Crafts post today is to show you what I made for the Design Team Challenge.  We were allowed to make anything we wanted to make from the Merry and Bright range of papers from Kaisercraft range.  I have been thinking about doing this project for some time, and as most of the pieces we were given for the challenge were less than 15cm x 15cm, I decided this was going to be perfect.  I had seen the idea on-line a while ago, and was keen to use the basic principle, but with my own take on it.  There was no instructions, (and to be honest I am no good at following patterns anyway), so I had to work everything out for myself.

I was given two full sized Kaisercraft card stock sheets, that was going to be the base for the project, but someone (may have been me) cut the first piece incorrectly and the second piece - I scored horizontally not vertically.  So after putting it aside calmly and most respectfully and having a good nights sleep, I attempted it a third time, using white card stock.  Finally project completed, here is my version of a candle gift box - using Merry and Bright papers.





Now it is a great time to start making your Christmas gifts, this one didn't cost very much at all, and a handmade gift shows heaps of thought and time has gone into a present.  All the best.  Jo     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment