Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Off the page - nature in love

This is an off the page project that I finally managed to finish.  I love this project and I spent ages, just getting the edges of the revered canvas to look like wood.  I started with gesso and put it all over the back of the canvas edges.  I then painted it, and then started the changing of mind, colour and products used.  Everything from paint, to sprays, to inks, to stains, well you get the picture.  I inked all the edges as well.  I added metal Tim Holtz corners to the project.  I added the picture in at this stage, it was cut fom the inside of a calendar. I then added chipboard flourish painted brown, up the left handside and then some glitter tule stapled amongst it.  Then added a Prima marketing vine, prima birds nest and a couple of little birds.  I added extra kaiser flowers and then some black and green leaves.  I still wasn't happy so i added the top chipboard flourish and some flowers in the top right hand corners.   

No comments:

Post a Comment