Sunday, April 24, 2011

Off the page project - inchie dreams

Using 1, 2 and 3 inch chipboard squares to make a piece of art.  This was an idea I saw in Australia from a company called Collections.  They are really amazing and make some great projects.  For this I used a few sheets of Prima marketing papers, and selected different bits from each page to cover the various inch squares to make a different design. I used some plain parts of the reverse of the paper as well, as to many designs would have not worked.   I adhered them to the different sized squares and then began the task of mixing them around to make a coherant design.  I added 7 Gypsies rubons, chipboard buttons, words which I sprayed with chocolate glimmer mist and added extra squares and labels to make a layered effect. 
I made sure to edge all of the pieces when i was finished with them, with Veramagic chalk ink.  This just brought all the pieces together. 
Once I was happy with the design I stuck them all down on another piece of cardboard.  I will one day add to a canvas when I have some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment