Sunday, January 9, 2011

Scrapbooking - Aly in Paris


I have used a Creative Imaginations paper as the backing for this page.  It is very detailed and quite soft looking, I had to be careful not to add to much to  the page, or you would loose that look.  I wanted to put a trim on the page to replicate the trim on Aly's jacket, however I struggled to find anything flat enough to put on the page.  I decided to use lace, we passed a lot of lace shops in Paris anyway, so it was in keeping.  I used double sided tape to adhere it, as it had quite a wide pattern, you can use dimensional magic or ribbon glue to adhere, if your lace is to thin or has lots of holes in the pattern. 
I mounted the photo on cardstock to make the picture stand out more.  Just a small border to keep it light looking.  Then I added paper flowers to the picture, layering two large, and one small flower and then a button to add a finished look to the flower. 
I  then used Kaisercrafts tickets, from the pack your bags collection, to add my text, though I hate writing on pages, i know it is an important thing to try and do now and again.  Your handwriting is an important part of you to record as well. 
I lay them in the same direction as the petals on the flower, I also added some finishing touch bling swirls, just to add a touch of sparkle to the page, but i could have used dimensional magic or kindy glitz. 
I then added some tickets at the top of the page, one of them was a acetate tag, if you need to stick these down use dimensional magic, as it dries clear and can't be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment