Sunday, January 9, 2011

Decoupage or stick everything you want on - music

Decoupage is so much fun.  There are no rules.  All I did here was pick a theme and then added everything i could find about music in this case.  I painted the canvas first using a vanilla colour, then i started adding bits of paper in strips, chunks and other random pieces. I used scrapbooking papers (creative imaginations paper for the piano at the bottom, old music sheets, serviettes and a poem I found, )  I use modpodge to glue down, and to go over the top of the paper as well. if you put the same amount of modge under the paper and over the top, most of the time it will not bubble.  By using a sealer over your project it ensures that any fly marks can be cleaned off if necessary, but you could use a varnish as well.  I prefer mod podge as it does both jobs.  I kept the colours all around about the same shades,  except for the bright blue piece that I just had to add to the work.  I coloured two CD's using alcohol inks, and if you haven't used these then you really need to have a play.  My second favourite colourant, I am in a glimmer mist phase at the moment.  I added stamped music images using stazon ink,to the CD's this is the best ink as it will not smudge and it is dry in seconds which is always a good idea when i am working, as i am very impatient waiting for things to dry. Then i painted some chipboard music shapes  and added them to the CD, and to the top of the canvas.  I then used rubons over the work, on angles tojoin two bits of paper together for the more merged look.  Lastly because i just love glimmer mist, i sprayed it over the top of the finished work, then held the painting upright so it dribbled down the front of the project, why... just because i felt like thats what it needed.  So grab a canvas, get some mod podge, pick a theme, and make your own art work.  Its so simple my kids class made all their own pictures for their rooms, and they looked great.   

No comments:

Post a Comment